Dr. Sarah T. Gille
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- 348 Nierenberg Hall
- University of California San Diego
- La Jolla, CA 92093-0230
- (858) 822-4425 (office)
- (858) 534-9820
Professor Gille earned a BS in physics at Yale and a PhD in physical
oceanography from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole
Oceanographic Institution Joint Program. She did postdoctoral
research at Scripps Institution of Oceanography and at the University of
East Anglia, and was a faculty member at the University of California, Irvine.
She joined the UCSD faculty in 2000.
- SIO 119: Physics and Chemistry of the Ocean, Winter 2020,SIO 119: Physics and Chemistry of the Ocean, Winter 2019, SIO 119: Physics and Chemistry of the Ocean, Winter 2018, Winter 2017, Winter 2016, Winter 2015, Winter 2014, Winter 2013
- SIOC 221A: Analysis of Physical Oceanographic Data, Fall 2020, Fall 2019, Fall 2018, Fall 2017, Fall 2016
- SIO 219: Observational Oceanography Seminar,
Fall 2012 (also
Fall 2001, Winter 2001)
- SIO 221C: Data Analysis Laboratory,
Fall 2015 (also
- MAE 124/ESYS 103: Environmental Challenges: Science and Solutions, Spring 2011.
(Previously known as The Human Earth, and before that Introduction
to Environmental Engineering) (also
Spring 2006). The course also got
a mention in the September/October issue of Sierra.
- MAE 127: Statistical Methods for Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Spring 2005
- ESYS 10: Introduction to Environmental Systems, Winter 2003 (also Winter 2002)
- SIO 221B: Analysis of Physical Oceanographic Data, Fall 2002 (also Fall 2001)
- STPA 35: Society and the Sea, Spring 2001
PRESENT STUDENTS, POST-DOCS
- Luke Colosi, undergraduate (2017-); co-mentored with Bia Villas Boas
- Natalie Freeman, postdoc (2020-); with Donata Giglio.
- Momme Hell, SIO graduate student (2015-2020); with Art Miller and Bruce Cornuelle.
- Luke Kachelein, SIO graduate student (2016- ); with Matt Mazloff and Bruce Cornuelle.
- Youran Li, SIO graduate student (2019- ); with Matt Mazloff.
- Theresa Morrison, SIO graduate student (2016- ); with Julie McClean and Jen MacKinnon.
- Channing Prend, SIO graduate student (2017- ); with Lynne Talley.
- Saulo Soares, SIO postdoc (2019- ); with Teri Chereskin
- Ru Chen, postdoc (2013-2017), with Julie McClean and Janet Sprintall; subsequently an Assistant Project Scientist at UCLA; now at Tianjin University, China.
- Brian Chinn, MAE (MS) graduate student (2003-05), subsequently completed a PhD at
U. Washington, now a data scientist, Seattle.
- Shenfu Dong, postdoc (2004-2007), now at NOAA-AOML, Miami.
- Kyla Drushka, SIO (PhD) graduate student (2005-2011), with Janet Sprintall, post-doc (2011, 2012-2014), now a Senior Oceanographer at U. Washington.
- Shane Elipot,
SIO (PhD) graduate student (2001-06), now at RSMAS, University of Miami
- Marina Frants, SIO graduate student (2004-2011), postdoc (2011-2012).
- ChuanLi Jiang, postdoc (2008-2011) with Janet Sprintall, now at Cognitiv, Seattle.
- Donata Giglio, postdoc (2016-2019), now at University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Alexa Griesel, postdoc (2005-2011); with Janet Sprintall, now at University of Hamburg.
- Xichen Li, postdoc (2014-2016); with Shangping Xie, now at Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- André Palóczy, SIO graduate student (2015-2020); with Julie McClean and Jen MacKinnon, now a postdoc at SIO with Falk Feddersen.
- Angelica Gilroy Rodriguez, undergrad REU (2011-13), subsequently an SIO grad student (with Sarah Giddings) (2013-2019) and postdoc (with Mark Merrifield).
- Erica Rosenblum, SIO (PhD) graduate student (2012-2018), with Ian Eisenman, now NSERC postdoc, Canada.
- Gordon Stephenson, SIO (PhD) graduate student (2006-2012), with Janet Sprintall, now a data engineer in the Bay Area.
- Philip Sura, postdoc (2001-02), now at Florida State University.
- Erik Tang, MAE (BS/MS) graduate student (2008-10), with Julia Muccino,
Lisa Levin, and Bruce Cornuelle.
- Jinbo Wang, postdoc (2013-2015), now at JPL.
- Wilbert Weijer, postdoc (2003-05), now at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Uriel Zajaczkovski, SIO (PhD) graduate student (2009-2017), now at Dalhousie University.
- Nathalie Zilberman, postdoc (2010-2014), now a Researcher; with Dean Roemmich.
HOW TO PREPARE POSTERS AND PROPOSALS ON LINUX SYSTEMS
Back to SIO Home Page
Back to SIO/PORD Home Page